Soap filter doc sample not working!!

vr

1/13/2003 9:47:00 PM

I am unable to invoke soap filter (input and output) for
my web service.
The filters are implemented in a seperate class library
as shown in the Filtering Soap messaged of the WSE doc.

I have added the section in web.config as per the msdn
documentation. But nothing happens.

I am at my wits' end..please help!
Thanks
viresh
1 Answer

vr

I added the Custom filter manually to the pipeline
through App_OnStart.That got it to work!!

I thought the whole idea of adding the <output>/<input>
elements under microsoft.web.services/filters was to
avoid having to change the code of existing Web services.
Pls correct if I am wrong in this assumption. I want to
avoid above code change unless absolutely neccessary.