Controlling requests made to a web service

Steve Queen

1/13/2003 7:17:00 PM

My web application involves capturing an event on the client side which
executes a web service method. After control returns from the web service,
the page is submitted normally and a new UI is presented based on
information the previous web service call.

The problem I'm having is that while the server is processing request x, the
user may do something that initiates request y. However, once request x is
done, request y is not valid. How do I prevent the user from doing
something that triggers a new request until after processing of the current
request has completed?

1 Answer

Scott Swigart

Can you do something simple like set a global flag before you call Web
service X. If the flag is set, then other actions are just ignored. When
Web service X returns, unset the flag?

--
Scott Swigart
www.3leaf.com