Problem regarding Annonymous Access and Integrated Authentication

vivek

1/13/2003 6:01:00 PM

I have disabled Annoymous Access on IIS and enabled just Integrated Windows
Authentication . I am then not able to loggon to IIS from another
application and as a solution i want only this settings .
Annonymous Access Disabled
Integrated windows Authentication Enabled
Problem : Not Authorized to logon

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Learner Always

5 Answers

Pierre Greborio

You are not passing the credentials to your IIS with the rights to access to
it. Did you set the credentials on the proxy class, i.e.:

myProxy.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username",
"password", "domain");

Pierre

UgiDotNet
http://www.ugi...
"vivek" <vivek@brainjunction.com> wrote in message
> I have disabled Annoymous Access on IIS and enabled just Integrated
Windows
> Authentication . I am then not able to loggon to IIS from another
> application and as a solution i want only this settings .
> Annonymous Access Disabled
> Integrated windows Authentication Enabled
> Problem : Not Authorized to logon
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> Thanks
> Learner Always

vivek

yes i am passing the Credentials from the soap call to webservice which is
having the parameters username and password and hence setting the network
credentials like username and password
but still i am not able

From Java client:

Parameter parm_user = new Parameter(new String("user"),String.class,new
String("kd"),null);
Parameter parm_password = new Parameter(new
String("password"),String.class,new String("ggg"),null);
vec_soap.addElement(parm_user);
vec_soap.addElement(parm_password);
call.setParams(vec_soap);

.Net WebService:

[WebMethod]
testing(string user,string password,...,..)
{
CredentialCache cred_cache = new CredentialCache();

NetworkCredential net_cred = new
NetworkCredential(user,password,"domainname");

cred_cache.Add(new Uri("http://xxx/xxx/yyy.asmx"),"Windows",net_cred);

proxy.Credentials = cred_cache;

}
Web.config:
authentication mode = "windows"
impersonate = true

IIS:
Annonymous Access disabled
only Integrated Windows Authentication = true

Above are all my settings and i donno where is the problem.
Thanks and help will be highly appreciated
learner always

"Pierre Greborio" <pierreg@kywix.com> wrote in message
> You are not passing the credentials to your IIS with the rights to access
> it. Did you set the credentials on the proxy class, i.e.:
>
> myProxy.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username",
> "password", "domain");
>

> Pierre

> UgiDotNet
> http://www.ugi...
> "vivek" <vivek@brainjunction.com> wrote in message
> > I have disabled Annoymous Access on IIS and enabled just Integrated
> Windows
> > Authentication . I am then not able to loggon to IIS from another
> > application and as a solution i want only this settings .
> > Annonymous Access Disabled
> > Integrated windows Authentication Enabled
> > Problem : Not Authorized to logon
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated
> > Thanks
> > Learner Always

Pierre Greborio

The credentials are on the HTTP header, whereas you are sending them on the
web method parameters. Then, the web method isn't reached by your call since
it is blocked before by IIS.

Pierre

Pierre Greborio
> yes i am passing the Credentials from the soap call to webservice which is
> having the parameters username and password and hence setting the network
> credentials like username and password
> but still i am not able
>
> From Java client:
>
> Parameter parm_user = new Parameter(new String("user"),String.class,new
> String("kd"),null);
> Parameter parm_password = new Parameter(new
> String("password"),String.class,new String("ggg"),null);
> vec_soap.addElement(parm_user);
> vec_soap.addElement(parm_password);
> call.setParams(vec_soap);
>
> .Net WebService:
>
> [WebMethod]
> testing(string user,string password,...,..)
> {
> CredentialCache cred_cache = new CredentialCache();
>
> NetworkCredential net_cred = new
> NetworkCredential(user,password,"domainname");
>
> cred_cache.Add(new Uri("http://xxx/xxx/yyy.asmx"),"Windows",net_cred);
>
> proxy.Credentials = cred_cache;
>

> }
> Web.config:
> authentication mode = "windows"
> impersonate = true
>
> IIS:
> Annonymous Access disabled
> only Integrated Windows Authentication = true
>
> Above are all my settings and i donno where is the problem.
> Thanks and help will be highly appreciated
> learner always
>

> "Pierre Greborio" <pierreg@kywix.com> wrote in message
> > You are not passing the credentials to your IIS with the rights to
access
> > it. Did you set the credentials on the proxy class, i.e.:
> >
> > myProxy.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username",
> > "password", "domain");
> >

> > Pierre
> >
> > --
> > UgiDotNet
> > http://www.ugi...
> > "vivek" <vivek@brainjunction.com> wrote in message
> > > I have disabled Annoymous Access on IIS and enabled just Integrated
> > Windows
> > > Authentication . I am then not able to loggon to IIS from another
> > > application and as a solution i want only this settings .
> > > Annonymous Access Disabled
> > > Integrated windows Authentication Enabled
> > > Problem : Not Authorized to logon
> > >
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated
> > > Thanks
> > > Learner Always

vivek

can u please tell me how to set the HTTP headers from Soap that the IIS
doesnt blocks or can u point me to some solution
thanks for helping

> The credentials are on the HTTP header, whereas you are sending them on
the
> web method parameters. Then, the web method isn't reached by your call
since
> it is blocked before by IIS.
>
> Pierre

> Pierre Greborio
> http://www.ugi...
> "vivek" <vivek@brainjunction.com> wrote in message
> > yes i am passing the Credentials from the soap call to webservice which
is
> > having the parameters username and password and hence setting the
network
> > credentials like username and password
> > but still i am not able
> >
> > From Java client:
> >
> > Parameter parm_user = new Parameter(new String("user"),String.class,new
> > String("kd"),null);
> > Parameter parm_password = new Parameter(new
> > String("password"),String.class,new String("ggg"),null);
> > vec_soap.addElement(parm_user);
> > vec_soap.addElement(parm_password);
> > call.setParams(vec_soap);
> >
> > .Net WebService:
> >
> > [WebMethod]
> > testing(string user,string password,...,..)
> > {
> > CredentialCache cred_cache = new CredentialCache();
> >
> > NetworkCredential net_cred = new
> > NetworkCredential(user,password,"domainname");
> >
> > cred_cache.Add(new Uri("http://xxx/xxx/yyy.asmx"),"Windows",net_cred);
> >
> > proxy.Credentials = cred_cache;
> >

> > }
> > Web.config:
> > authentication mode = "windows"
> > impersonate = true
> >
> > IIS:
> > Annonymous Access disabled
> > only Integrated Windows Authentication = true
> >
> > Above are all my settings and i donno where is the problem.
> > Thanks and help will be highly appreciated
> > learner always
> >

> > "Pierre Greborio" <pierreg@kywix.com> wrote in message
> > > You are not passing the credentials to your IIS with the rights to
> access
> > > it. Did you set the credentials on the proxy class, i.e.:
> > >
> > > myProxy.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("username",
> > > "password", "domain");
> > >

> > > Pierre
> > >
> > > --
> > > UgiDotNet
> > > http://www.ugi...
> > > "vivek" <vivek@brainjunction.com> wrote in message
> > > Windows

Pierre Greborio

The problem is that if you set Integrated authentication on IIS you could
have two mechanism for authentication data over HTTP header. If the client
and the server are running both on an AD domain they are using a kerberos
ticket as authetication ticket, wheras if you are in another kind of domain
it uses NTLM. In both cases I don't know how integrate a java client o this
kind of authentication.

I suggest to change radically the authentication mechanism versus a more
standard and interoperable way: WS-Security. You can find usefull
information on:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/webservices/building/wse/de...

Moreover, this technology is available for java too:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/we...