Greg Young

1/13/2003 3:44:00 PM

I'm trying to get multiple Crystal Reports published in a
single project/assembly.

I know how to get multiple web services in a single
project/assebmly by changing the Namespace parameter on
the WebService attribute, but this does not seem to work
with the Crystal Reports published as web services.

Scenarios:
1) Create new web service project.
2) Add two CR (crystal reports).
3) Click "Publish as web service" for each one.
4) Add this project as a web reference to another project
(call it client - doesn't matter if web or winapp).
5) Client app can only see one of the two web services.

I've tried changing the namespace param on the webservice
attribute for either and both of the CR web service
reports. This leads to a error referencing a
SoapException referencing a CR call of GetReportInfo.
Note that this happens even if there is only one CR in
the project/assembly.

Has anyone overcome this?

Thanks,
-- Greg
1 Answer

Greg Young

To answer my own question:

I needed to reference each CR web service by it's .asmx
rather than by the owning project's .vsdisco file.

That allows me to have multiple CR as web services in the
same project. It means that the client of those services
needs to have multiple web references. Not ideal, but
better than one web service project per CR.

-- Greg