WebService Socket client works, but wininet fails!!!???

Timur Valiulin

1/13/2003 1:05:00 PM

I used VS7 to make an ASP.NET web service on IIS5.0(Standard W2K
edition )and VC++ atl app. My atl app uses autogenerated(by SPROXY.EXE) web
service client, which was added with standard VS7 wizard(Add WebReference).
When the client uses CSoapSocketClient as the template parameter everything
works fine, except one thing - CSoapSocketClient can not work with cookies
and as a result I can not store any data in SessionState object on the
server-side(web service). But when I shifted autogenerated client to
CSoapWininetClient I encountered the following error from .NET soap message
parsers:
content-type must be text/xml.

Does anybody know how to overcome this error by tuning IIS? I solved it only
by fixing atlsoap.h with the code that updated headers on SendRequest with
"content-type: text/xml", but this is the bad idea I suppose :-(.