chakradhar

1/12/2003 1:40:00 PM

I was trying to explore remoting. I had pasted exactly
the same code as presant in the book , but every time it
gave error "connection refused by active machine"
kindly if some body has some idea, please inform me
thanks and regards,
chakradhar
3 Answers

Sean Campbell

Make sure your server application is running and that the client and server
are communicating across the right channels and ports.

Usually that's the most common mistake folks make.

Sean Campbell
3 Leaf
Early and Adopter Web Log
http://radio.weblogs.co...
"chakradhar" <chakradhar_singh@lko.tcs.co.in> wrote in message
> I was trying to explore remoting. I had pasted exactly
> the same code as presant in the book , but every time it
> gave error "connection refused by active machine"
> kindly if some body has some idea, please inform me
> thanks and regards,
> chakradhar

chakradhar

Sean Campbell

I took a look at the code you sent and everything worked as long as the
server was running.

The was probably your problem.

You need to start the server application and then start the client
application.

Sean