Error trying to generate a value for a System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection type property

Andrés Giraldo

1/10/2003 9:56:00 PM

Hi!

I'm building a web control that uses an OleDbConnection as a parameter... if
I declare an OleDbConnection by code and assign it to my control in code, it
works fine, doesn't matter if the Connection is Closed or Open... but, when
I'm doing the same thing by the Properties Dialog Box of my control, I mean,
dragging an OleDbConnection from the toolbox dialog to my webform and select
my control and assign it in the Properties Dialog Box... it gives me an
execution time error: Can't generate code for a value of type
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection. Error trying to generate a value for the
Connection property...

What's wrong?

Thanks!