intercept/override serialization event method in WS

yong wang

1/9/2003 7:20:00 PM

Let me try to narrow the scope of this:

Is there anyway to intercept the prior and post
serialization of Web service event or is there anyway
that I can overridden any object/interface method before
web service return the process control back to IIS ?

Consider the following Web service:

public class Foo : System.Web.Services.WebService
{
public struct RFCReturn
{
public string ProcessMessage;
public string RVal;
public largetable_data tbl;
}

[WebMethod] public RFCReturn Z_MY_WEB_SERVICE
(
string ParameterA,
string ParameterB,
)
{
RFCReturn ret = new RFCReturn();
Ret.RVAL = "This is a test";
Ret.ProcessMessage = "Success";
Ret.tbl = my_Large_Table_Data;
Return Ret;
}

}

Obviously, The last statement of "Return Ret" will
trigger the serialization of RFCReturn class.

I am now want to capture the event before the XML
serialization class serialize the RFCReturn class and
after it serializes this class ? If there anyway of get
this ?

Thanks.
-Dennis