vt

1/21/2003 8:47:00 PM

Hello,

I have a validation summary control (VSC), three data grids (with templated
columns) and a submit button on a webpage . Each datagrid has multiple
validation controls (VC) validating the templated columns.

My issue is : On clicking submit, the VSC throws an error summary of all the
VC's on that page, including the ones on the footer columns of the datagrids
even if that grid is not edited.
Is there anyway i can limit the VSC's to the datagrid being edited ?
(without disabling any of the VC's)

Thanks for your time

1 Answer

Julian

Try to override Page_ClientValidate function in WebUIValidation.js

function Page_ClientValidate() {
var i;
for (i = 0; i < Page_Validators.length; i++) {
ValidatorValidate(Page_Validators[i]);
if (!Page_Validators[i].IsValid) break; // <- this line
is newly added, just for example
}
ValidatorUpdateIsValid();
ValidationSummaryOnSubmit();