How does the <%# Variable %> syntax work?

Mikael Sterley

1/21/2003 5:02:00 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can find out how to pass variables as parameters
to a web control using the
<%# Variable %>
syntax?

In code samples I have also seen something like
<%# DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"ColName") %>
to pass a column from a dataset to a web control, and
<%# DataBinder.Eval(Page,"Variable") %>
whiich I am not sure of what i does.

I'm sure there is a fantastic article which explains everything, but I
havent found it yet. I can't even find anything on this subject in the VS
.net documentation.

/Mike

1 Answer

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Look in the docs and websites for "databinding"

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET