Manish Jain

1/20/2003 6:21:00 AM

I am using IEWC TreeView to provide trees on my ASP pages. I have lots of
trees that have common TreeNodeType

The TreeNodeType defination itself is quite heavy.

eg:
<iewc:treeview id="Treeview2" style="Z-INDEX: 121" runat="server"
DefaultStyle="font-family: Verdana;font-size:12px;" BorderStyle="None"
ExpandLevel="1" SelectExpands="True" Target="main">
<iewc:TreeNodeType Type="FolderAndSubFolder" Target="main"
ImageUrl="images/fc_closed.gif" SelectedImageUrl="images/fc_sel.gif"
DefaultStyle="font-weight:bold;color:black;font-size:12px;"
ExpandedImageUrl="images/fc_open.gif"></iewc:TreeNodeType>

I want to centralize the defination as it is proving quite expensive to
maintain.
How do I move all the common stuff to a CSS file?

I tried the following:

.TextContent
{
ImageUrl="images/DocumentIco.gif";
DefaultStyle="color:black;font-size:12px;"
}

but the editor says that 'ImageURL is not a know CSS property
Also, is their any better approach.

Thanks
Manish

2 Answers

Jesse Ezell

If you are aiming to increase reusability (because you
always set these things to the same value or something),
then create a control that inherits the treeview control
(or wraps it) and sets these values programmatically.

--Jesse

Manish Jain

Thanks Jesse.

But I am new to DotNet and don't know how to do that.

Manish