tlasher@dmacc.org

1/21/2003 10:10:00 PM

The subject says it all. I need some type of calendar control
that will let me find say the 3rd Monday in January (Martin Luther
King's b-day).

Private Sub Calendar1_SelectionChanged(ByVal sender As
Calendar1.SelectionChanged
target = Calendar1.SelectedDate
yr = Date.Today.Year.ToString
dy = Date.Today.Day.ToString
MLK = "1/" & dy & "/" & yr
If target = MLK.ToString Then
Label26.Text = "You have landed on Martin Luther King's
birthday."
End If

For today's case dy would be 16, since that is today's date.
If I could find out which day (Sun-Sat) the first of each month
falls on, then I could add the appropriate number of days to get the
3rd Monday - for example this year's day for Martin Luther King's
b-day.
I thought I might have to use something like dayrender, but I just
need the text to be put into the Label box and nothing more. This
should
be really easy for you pros out there. I did look all through the
dotnet.framework.aspnet.* newsgroups and didn't find anything.