Passing Arguments to a treeview's stylesheet

(PartyFears)

1/21/2003 10:10:00 PM

Hello,

I've just started using this control and am creating the control by
doing the following:

tree1.TreeNodeSrc = Server.MapPath("") & "/tree/tree.xml"
tree1.TreeNodeXsltSrc = Server.MapPath("") & "/tree/tree.xsl"
tree1.DataBind()

now I have created the tree.xml file previously by running a previous
transformation on another xml file using a parameter passed to the xsl
document.

Problem is: If I want to do all of the above in one go I can create a
new xsl file for the orginal document to format it appropriately, but
how can I pass a parameter into the xsl file (TreeNodeXsltSrc) ?

Thanks in advance.
2 Answers

Jesse Ezell

Don't think it is possible directly.

However, you could create a custom aspx page to run the
transform for you and return the xml...something like:

DoTransform.aspx?File=/myxml.xml&Param1=myParam

Then, set this as the source.

--Jesse

Rick Bonnett

I'm trying to do this as well, and having no luck
parameterizing my Treeview control. Here's a snippet from
my .aspx page:

<%
String mgrID;
String[] sArray;

sArray = Request.QueryString.GetValues("mgrID");
if ((sArray == null) || (sArray.Length <= 0))
mgrID = Session["ManagerID"].ToString();
else
mgrID = sArray[0];
if ((mgrID == null) || (mgrID.Length <= 0))
mgrID = "1197";
Session["ManagerID"] = mgrID;

Response.Write("<!-- mgrID:" + mgrID + "-->");
%>

<form id="WebForm3" method="post" runat="server">

<iewc:TreeView id="TreeView1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT:
3px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px"
TreeNodeSrc="http://ptll3g98021/treeproject/makeOrgTree.as
px?mgrID=3512"
TreeNodeXsltSrc="tree2.xsl" runat="server">
</iewc:TreeView>

</form>

The above works fine. But if I declare the TreeNodeSrc as:

TreeNodeSrc="http://ptll3g98021/treeproject/makeOrgTree.as
px?mgrID=<%mgrID%>"

I end up with no nodes in the resulting tree. I've tried
various combos of putting the in-line tag inside and
outside the quotes, as well as building the entire
TreeNodeSrc value as a string and including that using <%
%>. All the variations I;ve tried result in various
comile or run-time errors.

It appears that the in-line <% %> tag is not being
replaced with a value, but instead is being sent through
as the literal <%mgrID%>.

Any insights?