ActiveX Controls - Communicating back to server

MagellanTX

1/16/2003 4:17:00 PM

How do you get an ActiveX control running on someone's machine to
communicate back to a web server?

For instance, I want to create a control that can send back WMI information
like memory, and hard drive space, etc...

I can create the control and collect the information but I don't know the
best way to send that back to a server.

If someone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Thanks for the help!!

1 Answer

Jesse Ezell

Assuming you are using .NET, the easiest options would be:

1) create a web service server side that it can
communicate with.

2) create a custom page to which http requests can be
submitted.

You could also try putting the values in hidden form
variables on the page, but I don't know how you would go
about obtaining the reference to IE and doing this
programmatically (not a big activex control guru).

--Jesse