Irene

I tried to debug step by step on my local machine. The line is hit and
the project worked just fine. But on the testing server,
'response.redirect' still didn't work on this particular page, while it
worked on other pages with 'response.redirect' on them.

Thanks

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Patrice Scribe

I would make sure *on the testing server* that the line is hit (you could
probably just write a trace in your page). IMO response.redirect should work
or fails with a message which make me think it is currently not hit (and
moreover it works on other pages).
If the page refreshes itself as if it were the first time, it looks like
that you are going in the same code path than when you hit this page for the
first time (no button click server side event hence no redirection ?).

Also if you have disabled something on the testing server (such as showing
errors) you may want to enable them.

The IIS log should also have a special code for redirections...

I would make sure first that :
1) redirect is called
2) a possibly raised error would not be dropped for whatever reason whatever
reason

I would be surprised to see Response.redirect failing without any message.
You could also compare the code for this page with the one for a similar
page that works...

uBh#G9KvCHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP12...