EnableViewState makes no difference

Gary Ewen

1/15/2003 3:55:00 PM

I have been developing ASP.NET for the last couple of months and have
hit a problem which I cannot seem to solve. When the EnableViewState
property of a page or control is set, it makes no difference to the
application. When is it set to true, it stores the view state, when it
is set to false, it stores the view state. I have searched discussion
rooms over the net and have found nothing to give the impression it is a
common bug, but it happens on 3 of our machines (same version of
VS.NET). Does anyone know anything about it?

Cheers in advance,
Gary Ewen
Software Developer

Same problem found at link below...
http://www.develop.../asp/message.asp?p=2910&...

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

Ken Cox [MS MVP]

Hey Gary,

There's an explanation of it at the link below, but it seems like they need to
have a viewstate in the page control just to track whether or not there's a
viewstate. <grin>

PRB: Server Controls Persist Their State When EnableViewState Is Set to False
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Ken