Big Problem with TreeView (IE webcontrols)

fump

1/15/2003 2:56:00 PM

Hello,

- Why does MS said that IE webcontrols are not supported ?
- when do they become supported ?

So , here is my problem :
Sometimes, with the treeview control, the tree is not
loaded completly and the browser is waiting for something.
During this time, it is impossible to do something on the
web site and i must close IE.

Do you know this problem ?

Thanks
fump
1 Answer

Jesse Ezell

>- Why does MS said that IE webcontrols are not
supported ?

As far as I know they weren't ever really a part of
the .NET framework and weren't written by the ASP.NET
team. They are very low quality compared to the controls
included with the framework.

>- when do they become supported ?

Never. However, rumor has it that ASP.NET 2.0 will have a
different programming model...maybe some new controls as
well? Still, I doubt they will include the IE web
controls, even if there is a treeview, since they are
such low quality controls.

My advice, if you are having problems with the IE
controls, use software artisans treeview, another third
party tree view, or program your own control (it isn't a
bad option to begin with the behavior included with the
IE treeview control ... I did this and it worked pretty
good for my needs).

--Jesse