koen

1/15/2003 11:20:00 AM

Hi All

I have a rather complicated question.

I'm developing a portal in .net with C# and SQL server 2000 and want to be
able to personalize the information on the website.

I want to present the users with several news banners wich they can add and
remove on the portal.
The news information is stored in a news table with an id, title and
description. The user information is stored in a user table with an id,
firstname, lastname,...
To be able to have a many to many relationship between these 2 tables I have
created an intermediate table in which is stored what user wants to see what
news (many to many relationship). So this table consists of an id, userid
and newsid.

Now this is what I want to do. I want to present the user with a
checkboxlist in which all the records in the news table are presented. But
I want to check the news items which are present in the intermediate table.
The user can then uncheck these items and check others and update this data
to the database.

Does anybody know if there is a simple solution to do this?

Koen Van Meerbeeck
kvmeerbe@hotmail.com