How can I repaint a textbox field on a web page?

GeorgeGinsburg

1/14/2003 5:18:00 PM

After a Change event to a file, my event handler routine
sends a text message to an existing textbox; for
example, "The contents of a file in the directory has
changed."

In debug mode I can see that the code is reaching the line
in the event handler subroutine that assigns a text string
to the textbox 'text' property. However, the text does not
appear in the textbox on the web page.

In the page_load subroutine, which exists by default in
ASP.Net, I have no problem with a textbox string being
displayed in the textbox, after it is assigned to the text
property. What code needs to be present in my event
handler routine that would allow an assigned text
string to display in a textbox?

In short, how can I repaint the textbox field on the web
page?

Thank you.

Regards,

George