John

1/13/2003 4:51:00 PM

Could someone please point me in the right direction to code the following:

Table 1 - Questions (Already Populated with 100 Questions)

QuestionRef
Question

Table 2 - Answers
CompanyRef
QuestionRef
YesNo (boolean)

Form Required To Look Like This:

QuestionRef Question Answer
1 Do you like jelly
Yes
2 Do you like Ice Cream No
3 ....................................
100 .......................................

The form will always show the 100 questions I just need to capture the
answers and post them to Table 2 (Answers) also to redisplay answers on
CompanyRef Login.

Regards

John

1 Answer

Jim Ross [MVP]

This sounds like the kind of datagrid where all items are in "edit"
mode at once. See the following Microsoft Knowledgebase article for
some information that should help you get started:

Top Questions about the DataGrid Web Server Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vstechart/html/vbtchtopquestionsaboutaspnetdatagridserverc...

Contents
Windows Forms versus Web Forms DataGrid Controls
Controlling Column Width, Height, and Alignment
Customizing Column Layout in Display and Edit Mode
Formatting Dates, Currency, and Other Data
Showing and Hiding Columns Dynamically
Adding Columns Dynamically
Adding New Records to a Data Source Using the DataGrid Control
Displaying a Drop-Down List in Edit Mode
Selecting Multiple Items Using a Check Box (Hotmail Model)
==> Editing Multiple Rows At Once
Selecting Rows by Clicking Anywhere

"Tele2" <jflundy@webdatabases.co.uk> wrote:

>Could someone please point me in the right direction to code the following:
>
>Table 1 - Questions (Already Populated with 100 Questions)
>
> QuestionRef
> Question
>
>Table 2 - Answers
> CompanyRef
> QuestionRef
> YesNo (boolean)
>

>Form Required To Look Like This:
>
>QuestionRef Question Answer
>1 Do you like jelly
>Yes
>2 Do you like Ice Cream No
>

>The form will always show the 100 questions I just need to capture the
>answers and post them to Table 2 (Answers) also to redisplay answers on
>CompanyRef Login.
>

>Regards
>
>John

Jim Ross
MS MVP [ASP.NET][VC/MFC emeritus]

To send email, change 'lotsofspamthroughhere' to 'msn' but please ask all questions in the newsgroups, not via private mail