Mike Yelvington

1/13/2003 3:49:00 PM

I have an anchor tag with surrounding an image. When you
do a mouseover the image changes. I am trying to use the
hyperlink web control (or imagebutton) to do the same but
they don't seem to recognize mouse events. Is there a way
to do this, or possibly a new way.

Thanks!
3 Answers

Jim Ross [MVP]

It's quite simple. You just add the attributes to the control in
code-behind:
myAnchor.Attributes.Add("onMouseOver", "javascript:mousover(this)")

Or, you can use Andy Smith's free control, that has it all built in.
That is available at:
http://www.mediabuilders.com/Tools/RollOve...
The control is free, and comes with full source code so that you can
study how it is done.

"Mike Yelvington" <mikeyelvington@aud.state.fl.us> wrote:

>I have an anchor tag with surrounding an image. When you
>do a mouseover the image changes. I am trying to use the
>hyperlink web control (or imagebutton) to do the same but
>they don't seem to recognize mouse events. Is there a way
>to do this, or possibly a new way.
>
>Thanks!

Jim Ross
MS MVP [ASP.NET][VC/MFC emeritus]

To send email, change 'lotsofspamthroughhere' to 'msn' but please ask all questions in the newsgroups, not via private mail

Mike Yelvington

Thanks for the direction!
(I didn't get the link to the control to work.)

Jim Ross [MVP]

I had a typo. It should have been METAbuilders, not MEDIAbuilders.
Here's the url, pasted in from my browser:
http://www.metabuilders.com/Tools/RollOve...