"if (Request.Browser["IsMobileDevice"] == "true" )" not working with iPAQ

james

1/20/2003 9:23:00 PM

I recently downloaded and installed the IBuySpy sample. This asp.net
application containes the following code (C#)

if (Request.Browser["IsMobileDevice"] == "true") {
Response.Redirect("MobileDefault.aspx");
}
else {
Response.Redirect("DesktopDefault.aspx");
}

This code properly redirects to the MobileDefault page when I access it with
the Pocket PC emulator, however when I access the page with my iPAQ (3670 w/
2002 OS) the mobile test fails. It fails both when accessing wirelessly
with 802.11b and also when accessing via activesync when the PPC is docked.
I had to add a test for WinCE to get it to work. I.e.:

{
Response.Redirect("MobileDefault.aspx");
}
else {
Response.Redirect("DesktopDefault.aspx");
}

Anyone else having this problem?