(Leon)

1/21/2003 10:03:00 PM

I know there are some advantages of putting multiple mobile forms on a
single page. But I am not sure what is the disadvantage of it. is it
good idea to put huge amount forms (for example 20 froms) on a page,
does it slow down the page loading process?

Thank you very much for your help.
1 Answer

Roslyn Lutsch

Hi Leon,

I can answer part of this. There is a disadvantage to adding too many forms
to a page. Each form on a page is instantiated whether the form is activated
during subsequent runtime activity or not. Thus, extensive multiple forms on
a page may cause overhead. This is by design.

However, instantiating all forms on a page
results in the ability to manage view state over multiple HttpRequests. For
example, Control A on Form1 can reference Control A on Form2. So, you'd want
to group forms that access similar information together on a page because
page-to-page processing doesn't have the same functionality.

Hope this helps!
Roslyn