application runs well on localhost,but got error on server

sandal

1/9/2003 3:47:00 PM

Hi, there,
My application has two versions, one for normal users,
one for mobile users (developed by MMIT). I put them
under one virtual directory, and they are sharing one
entrance aspx file, which diverts mobile users and normal
users to proper pages.
My problem is: the application works well on my
localhost, but when I deployed it on the server, it runs
to an error after first two pages(first two pages are
working). The error message is very general so not
helpful at all.
Anybody has idea to help me out of this? Is there any
security issue or something I have to consider when I
deploy my application?
Thanks in advance.

Sandal.
1 Answer

Christopher Nash

I think you'll need to provide a little more information. I have a web
application in a single virtual root that has some pages for PocketPC and
some for the desktop PC. I don't have any such problem.

If the error page seems generic it might be because you have the
customerrors mode set to RemoteOnly in the web.config file. Try setting
that to "off" while you are developing so you can get the error messages on
remote clients.