Dean Bates

1/9/2003 2:37:00 PM

Does anyone have a example based on the MSDN article
below :-

At your service : Adding a Progress Bar to Your Web
Service Client Application By Matt Powell

http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...
url=/library/en-us/dnservice/html/service11052002.asp

Best regards
3 Answers

(garygumsft)

Hi Dean,

There is no sample code at hand. Are you encountering problem while using
the smaple code provided by the link you posted?

I will give you more information on how to implement the Invoke call on a
control under a multiple-thread situation. Here is the link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/c...
l/cpcondevelopingmultithreadedwindowsformscontrol.asp

Gary

This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and confers no
rights. Enjoyed ASP.NET? http://w...

Dean Bates

Gary,

While attempting to receive data from my Web Service "An
unhandled exception of type 'System.Xml.XmlException'
occurred in system.xml.dll" while invoking my GetData Call
on my web service.

When I compile my project I get three warnings, below.

Field 'WebSrvProBar.ProgressClient.ProgressDelegate' is
never assigned to, and will always have its default value
null
Field 'WebSrvProBar.ProgressClient.TransferSize' is never
assigned to, and will always have its default value 0
Field 'WebSrvProBar.ProgressClient.Progress' is never
assigned to, and will always have its default value null

Best Regards

url=/library/en-us/cpguide/htm
>l/cpcondevelopingmultithreadedwindowsformscontrol.asp
>
>Gary
>
>This posting is provided "AS IS", with no warranties, and
confers no
>rights. Enjoyed ASP.NET? http://w...
>
>.

(garygumsft)

Hi Dean,

I am doing further research on this problem. I will post back later if
there is any update. Thanks for your great patience.

Best Regards,