Dynamically creating HTML text on the aspx page at design time

Al

12/31/2002 11:07:00 PM

I'd like to create a custom web control that when I drag it from the toolbox
onto the web form designer, it will add more code than just the <%@ Register
tag.

Similar to what the ToolBoxData attribute does, but more extensive. I've
tried doing this using ToolBoxData, but it doesn't work like I need it to.

I've looked at the Control Designer and template controls, but the methods
like Render() all generate design time HTML for display on the design
pallette.

I want to dynamically create HTML and possibly some ECMA script at design
time that is written on to the aspx page, similar to how a Visual Studio
macro would work, except by using a server control, the programmer would
have the ability to set properties, etc.

Any suggestions on an approach?