microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

Compilers in the .NET Framework

Scott

1/8/2003 8:45:00 PM

I need to distribute the compiler for C++ .NET with a
pruduct and I don't want to make my customers buy a
version of MSVC++. I know that the .NET Framework has a
java script (jsc.exe), visual basic (vbc.exe), and C sharp
compiler (csc.exe) in it available for free as well as
free distribution. Also, I know that the .NET Framework
SDK (not the same as the .NET Framework) has a C++
compiler and linker (cl.exe and link.exe) in it. The .NET
Framework SDK is free to download.

My questions are:
1. Does the .NET Framework contain a free distributable
c++ compiler?
2. Can the .NET Framework SDK be distributed or will I
have to just put in a link to the microsoft download site?