Dynamically Invoking a Web Service

wcstombs

1/8/2003 5:18:00 PM

How do you dynamically invoke a webservice method ?

Here is my situation:

The WSDL path will be supplied to my app at runtime, and
I have to invoke a fixed method (e.g DummyMethod) on that
Web Service. The assumption is that Web Service exposes
the 'DummyMethod'

Since the WSDL path is supplied at runtime, I cannot have
a proxy class generated for the same.

How can get around this ?

Thanx.
2 Answers

Manni

Of course you can use the proxy!
When the fingerprint of the service is exactly the same it works!

Yust change the URL of the proxy class!

We need this in some apps where firstofall the client calls a login.
This login is handled by a central DB, where all the clients are stored.
The login function returns (with other values) the URL of the handling
server for this client.

In greater detail: there is a central URL with a service for login
(registering and so on).
Every customer has mutliple user. When a user logs in, he gets the url of
the customers server.

Then the client make further calls to that server.
Every customer has the same services on his server,
but with other DBs and so on.

We get the URL from the first call and then we change the URL of the proxy
class for the further calls!

Manfred

Ales Pour

Have a look at http://www.xmlwebservices.cc/index_S..., "Dynamic XML
Web Services Invocation Demo" - very simple and nice example of dynamic
invocation you may want to use.

Regards,
Ales Pour