timr_15237 yahoo

1/8/2003 4:50:00 PM

I originally began developing an ASP.net application utilizing the
default website and configuring the physical directory as an
application in IIS 5.0.

I installed the ie webcontrols and they work appropriately in the
application directory. I have now set up a dedicated website, no
longer utilzing the default website, in IIS. When I open the
VisualStudio.net solution and view the webform page that contains the
tree view control, I see the control as it is supposed to appear. When
I view the page in a browser, the tree view does not appear but each
node in the tree appears as text.

The same scenario holds true for the tab control and multipage
control. If I navigate in a browser to the original website, the
controls work properly.

I have attempted removing and adding the reference and repairing the
install. Does anyone have any insigt into why this is occuring and any
suggestions into a solutions.

Thanks
5 Answers

Mike Anderson

Clarification to Tim's initial post:

Initial ASP.NET development began in a virtual directory under the
Default Website.

After development began the Microsoft IE Webcontrols were installed.
Some forms were developed using the treeview, tabstrip and multipage
controls. They worked and still work.
Above accessed from ID by typing \\machinename\devsite\default.aspx in
the browser address bar

Some time later a new web wite was created using the IIS snap in.
Above accessed from ID by typing \\devsite\default.aspx in the browser
address bar. Note that machinename is missing.
The new site has been configured in two ways.
1> Directory was set to the same physical directory as the virtual
directory.
2> New directory created and the files and folders from the virtual
directory were copied to the new location.

Both configurations of the new web site return the results mentioned
below. The text of the links are rendered with no functionality of
the control.

I hope this helps somebody help us.

Mike

On Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:50:52 -0500, timr_15237 yahoo wrote:

>I originally began developing an ASP.net application utilizing the
>default website and configuring the physical directory as an
>application in IIS 5.0.
>
>I installed the ie webcontrols and they work appropriately in the
>application directory. I have now set up a dedicated website, no
>longer utilzing the default website, in IIS. When I open the
>VisualStudio.net solution and view the webform page that contains the
>tree view control, I see the control as it is supposed to appear. When
>I view the page in a browser, the tree view does not appear but each
>node in the tree appears as text.
>
>The same scenario holds true for the tab control and multipage
>control. If I navigate in a browser to the original website, the
>controls work properly.
>
>I have attempted removing and adding the reference and repairing the
>install. Does anyone have any insigt into why this is occuring and any
>suggestions into a solutions.
>
>Thanks

Charles M. Carroll

Copy the
/webctrl_client
folder to relevant root. That will fix the problem.

<timr_15237 yahoo> wrote in message
> I originally began developing an ASP.net application utilizing the
> default website and configuring the physical directory as an
> application in IIS 5.0.
>
> I installed the ie webcontrols and they work appropriately in the
> application directory. I have now set up a dedicated website, no
> longer utilzing the default website, in IIS. When I open the
> VisualStudio.net solution and view the webform page that contains the
> tree view control, I see the control as it is supposed to appear. When
> I view the page in a browser, the tree view does not appear but each
> node in the tree appears as text.
>
> The same scenario holds true for the tab control and multipage
> control. If I navigate in a browser to the original website, the
> controls work properly.
>
> I have attempted removing and adding the reference and repairing the
> install. Does anyone have any insigt into why this is occuring and any
> suggestions into a solutions.
>
> Thanks

Mike Anderson

So simple. Sometimes one can't see the trees for the forest. Thanks
a bunch Charles.

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:25:10 -0500, "Charles M. Carroll"
<911@learnasp.com> wrote:

>Copy the
>/webctrl_client
>folder to relevant root. That will fix the problem.
>
><timr_15237 yahoo> wrote in message
>> I originally began developing an ASP.net application utilizing the
>> default website and configuring the physical directory as an
>> application in IIS 5.0.
>>
>> I installed the ie webcontrols and they work appropriately in the
>> application directory. I have now set up a dedicated website, no
>> longer utilzing the default website, in IIS. When I open the
>> VisualStudio.net solution and view the webform page that contains the
>> tree view control, I see the control as it is supposed to appear. When
>> I view the page in a browser, the tree view does not appear but each
>> node in the tree appears as text.
>>
>> The same scenario holds true for the tab control and multipage
>> control. If I navigate in a browser to the original website, the
>> controls work properly.
>>
>> I have attempted removing and adding the reference and repairing the
>> install. Does anyone have any insigt into why this is occuring and any
>> suggestions into a solutions.
>>
>> Thanks

Louis Dascoulias

By the Way,
If you have hundreds of sites but no 'default web site' you will have to
copy the folder to hundreds of
root sites.. (if you want the .Net app including the iewebcontrol/behavior
to work on every site).
Does anyone know a work around?

thanks,
Louis Dascoulias, AWS

"Mike Anderson" <gatorspike hotmail > wrote in message
> So simple. Sometimes one can't see the trees for the forest. Thanks
> a bunch Charles.
>

> On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:25:10 -0500, "Charles M. Carroll"
> <911@learnasp.com> wrote:
>
> >Copy the
> >/webctrl_client
> >folder to relevant root. That will fix the problem.
> >
> ><timr_15237 yahoo> wrote in message
> >> I originally began developing an ASP.net application utilizing the
> >> default website and configuring the physical directory as an
> >> application in IIS 5.0.
> >>
> >> I installed the ie webcontrols and they work appropriately in the
> >> application directory. I have now set up a dedicated website, no
> >> longer utilzing the default website, in IIS. When I open the
> >> VisualStudio.net solution and view the webform page that contains the
> >> tree view control, I see the control as it is supposed to appear. When
> >> I view the page in a browser, the tree view does not appear but each
> >> node in the tree appears as text.
> >>
> >> The same scenario holds true for the tab control and multipage
> >> control. If I navigate in a browser to the original website, the
> >> controls work properly.
> >>
> >> I have attempted removing and adding the reference and repairing the
> >> install. Does anyone have any insigt into why this is occuring and any
> >> suggestions into a solutions.
> >>
> >> Thanks

JJ

Ok, this will most likely be a bone head question but
here goes.

I got an error installing the IEWebControls (it just says
the installer was interrupted before the controls could
be installed). Nothing in the event log about the error,
but I can use them on a web form. For the treeview, the
images DO NOT show up on the webform so it is obviously
not able to locate them.

Also, I am having the same problem with just seeing the
text for the nodes and not the tree. I have searched and
searched on my pc for the webctrl_client folder but to no
avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks.