timr_15237 yahoo

1/8/2003 3:44:00 PM

I originally began developing an ASP.net application utilizing the
default website and configuring the physical directory as an
application in IIS 5.0.

I installed the ie webcontrols and they work appropriately in the
application directory. I have now set up a dedicated website, no
longer utilzing the default website, in IIS. When I open the
VisualStudio.net solution and view the webform page that contains the
tree view control, I see the control as it is supposed to appear. When
I view the page in a browser, the tree view does not appear but each
node in the tree appears as text.

The same scenario holds true for the tab control and multipage
control. If I navigate in a browser to the original website, the
controls work properly.

I have attempted removing and adding the reference and repairing the
install. Does anyone have any insigt into why this is occuring and any
suggestions into a solutions.

Thanks
Tim
1 Answer

David C. Hoos

Did you install the Web Controls on the dedicated website?

That's required for the controls to work.