compact framework microsoft example does not work?

Franz Holzhauser

1/8/2003 3:29:00 PM

hallo,

this link shows a very interesting cf example:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/02/03/NE...
t.aspx

but i am not able to build the client for the pocket pc.
many function used in this example are not supported by
the cf although the example is based on cf

Microsoft.VisualBasic.Kill
Microsoft.VisualBasic.Dir
Application.StartupPath
and some more....

some one told me to use visual studio 2003 final beta. i
did so but the example is still not running - these
functions are not supported

what is wrong? maybe i have to add an extra library to get
using lokal file funktions on pocket pc?

thanks
f.h.
1 Answer

Will

This example is almost a year old. There could have been some changes in
the classes/methods between then and now - it just went RTM in Dec:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/device/...

P.S. This is a more recent example and it's pretty interesting

http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/sqlserverce20/de...