Multiple users debugging on the same server

Per Schjetne

1/8/2003 2:31:00 PM

We have a development team of 5 persons working against the same development
IIS server.

Debugging several ASP.NET session on the same server gives me the following
error:

"Unable to start debugging on the web server. A debugger is already
attached."

Debugging one session at a time works fine.
Can't seem to find any info on this anywhere else. Please help!

Per :-)

2 Answers

Marina

I dont' think it's possible for more then one person to debug on the same
process on the same machine.

The idea is for people to debug on their own machines.

"Per Schjetne" <per.schjetne@dmhuset.no> wrote in message
> We have a development team of 5 persons working against the same
development
> IIS server.
>
> Debugging several ASP.NET session on the same server gives me the
following
> error:
>
> "Unable to start debugging on the web server. A debugger is already
> attached."
>
> Debugging one session at a time works fine.
> Can't seem to find any info on this anywhere else. Please help!
>
> Per :-)

Mark Pearce

Hi Per,

This is an IIS5 restriction, not a .NET restriction. Only one debugger at a
time can be attached to the ASP.NET worker process. IIS6 allows you to
overcome this restriction.

Regards,

Mark