How to find xhtml supported mobile device using MMIT

Anand

1/8/2003 1:09:00 PM

Hi:
I am developing applications for Nokia 3650 mobile phone. It
supports xhtml. From my aspx page i need to find whether the nokia 3650 is
supporting xhtml. Then i have to redirect to xhtml page. How can i know
itsupports xhtml. Please reply me.

Regards,
Anand

1 Answer

AndyCW

If you have installed Device Update 2 onto your IIS server, then your
regular MMIT apps will render using XHTML to your 3650, so don't think you
have to redirect to a special page.
However, if you want to redirect to a special page if the requesting browser
requests XHTML, then put the following code into the Page_Load method of
your aspx page:

Dim mobCap As System.Web.Mobile.MobileCapabilities = Request.Browser
If mobCap.PreferredRenderingType = "xhtml-mp" Then
Response.Redirect("someotherpage.aspx")
End If

Note that this redirects for all xhtml browsers, not just the 3650. If you
want to redirect for a specific device, test for a specific value of the
MobileDeviceModel property of MobileCapabilities (Print it out to a Label on
a MobileWebForm to find out what the exact value of this property is for a
7650).

However, back to my point at the beginning about MMIT with DU2 supporting
XHTML - do you really need to redirect for this device?

Regards
- Andy Wigley
Principal Technologist, Content Master Ltd.
http://www.content...