(Vinay Urs)

1/8/2003 10:09:00 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to access the Terraservice via
http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/TerraSe... using a C#
Windows App.

My internet connection is via a proxy server. I was able to add the
reference to the webservice successfully. But when I run the
application and call the method GetAreaFromPt, I get the following
error message:

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll

Additional information: The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy
Authorization Required."

I have tried to add the proxy via the code as well as modifying the
machine.config for the same as mentioned in the KB articles 307220 &
318140.

None of these seem to fix the problem and the code behaves
inconsistently running sometimes and failing during others.

Any pointers to resolve this issue is welcome.

TIA,

Vinay
1 Answer

(Vinay Urs)

I found the solution for the same in a posting in the same newsgroup.
The gist of the solution being that in case of accessing the
webservice via a proxy server, we need to use WSDL.exe to register the
service rather than the IDE.