Net::HTTP problem with SAP (iView is not compatible...

Jim Freeze

4/8/2005 10:32:00 PM

I am trying to scrape some info from a web page (local intranet),
but, instead of useful information, I get the message:

iView is not compatible with your browser,...

This message is due to SAP. However, I suppose that there should
be a way to emulate a browser so that I get real data, and
not this message.

Has anyone ran across this problem and solved it?
If I ran my own proxy, would that tell me what the browser
is sending the web host?

Thanks

--
Jim Freeze
Code Red. Code Ruby

2 Answers

Jos Backus

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 07:32:20AM +0900, Jim Freeze wrote:
> I am trying to scrape some info from a web page (local intranet),
> but, instead of useful information, I get the message:
>
> iView is not compatible with your browser,...
>
> This message is due to SAP. However, I suppose that there should
> be a way to emulate a browser so that I get real data, and
> not this message.

You could try setting the User-Agent in the HTTP Request header so the site
thinks you're using Mozilla or such.

--
Jos Backus
jos at catnook.com

Jim Freeze

* Jos Backus <jos@catnook.com> [2005-04-09 08:10:17 +0900]:

> > This message is due to SAP. However, I suppose that there should
> > be a way to emulate a browser so that I get real data, and
> > not this message.
>
> You could try setting the User-Agent in the HTTP Request header so the site
> thinks you're using Mozilla or such.

Ahh, thanks. I'll give that a try.

--
Jim Freeze