Re: Problem installing gems

Robert Isaacs

4/8/2005 2:32:00 PM

With ethereal and an http filter, I can see this request and response...

GET /yaml.Z HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Host: gems.rubyforge.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 14:20:49 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_gzip/1.3.26.1a PHP/4.3.9
Last-Modified: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:45:33 GMT
ETag: "a004e-60537-42567ced"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

[then I see a bunch of binary data]

Then something strange happens..

I just keep getting "TCP 3401 > http [ACK]" and "http > 3401 [ACK]"
over and over again. No more data is sent.

Trying to keep this on topic: Does Ruby use any particular underlying
libraries on the operating system that I can check that might be broken?

Thanks.