Apache2 fcgi setup

Tony Targonski

4/8/2005 1:35:00 PM

Could somebody help me out with FastCGI setup under Apache? I'm trying
to make my Rails application to run at at least a moderate speed.

Right now I'm getting empty header/timeout errors with it.

My system is
Win2k SP4
Apache 2.0.52 (win32)
Mod_fastcgi 2.4.2

If someone could point me to a configuration of
dispatcher/.htaccess/httpd.conf that works, it would be great.

Attempts to get mod_ruby working resulted in Apache crashing at MySQL
access lines (though the pages would render correctly after Apache would
restart). I'd welcome mod_ruby alternative if I can figure out what's
going on as well.

Thank you,
--Tony

1 Answer

evans.jon@gmail.com

Hi Tony,

Tony Targonski wrote:
> Could somebody help me out with FastCGI setup under Apache? I'm
trying
> to make my Rails application to run at at least a moderate speed.
>
> Right now I'm getting empty header/timeout errors with it.

I was trying to do this earlier in the week (on Linux) and I also got
timeouts. I fixed it by copying the contents of .htaccess into the
<Location > section of my vhost, and removing that file from the
filesystem. Putting the directives in the config file will also make
it a lot quicker.

The file for my vhost looks like this:

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName www.example.com

DocumentRoot /opt/sites/example/rails/public

ErrorLog /opt/sites/example/rails/log/example.apache.log

<Directory /opt/sites/example/rails/public/>
AllowOverride none
Include conf/vhosts/sites/rails.fragment
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

</VirtualHost>

and rails.fragment is exactly the same as the default rails .htaccess
file, but set up for fcgi rather than cgi.

Jon