Ruby in a Nutshell

Robert H

4/7/2005 1:56:00 AM

It was published in 2001, that would be coming up on 4 years. Is
O'Reilly going to update it? I figure with Rails giving Ruby the
spotlight maybe so?

Robert

2 Answers

Shalev NessAiver

One would hope. That book was recommended to me as my first ruby book
- and that was THIS year.
Needless to say, that book did almost nothing for me and I am now
happily on my second reading of the PickAxe.
To be useful, it really needs to be more up-to-date.

-Shalev

On Apr 6, 2005, at 9:59 PM, sigzero@gmail.com wrote:

> It was published in 2001, that would be coming up on 4 years. Is
> O'Reilly going to update it? I figure with Rails giving Ruby the
> spotlight maybe so?
>
> Robert

Tim Hunter

sigzero@gmail.com wrote:
> It was published in 2001, that would be coming up on 4 years. Is
> O'Reilly going to update it? I figure with Rails giving Ruby the
> spotlight maybe so?
>
> Robert

Seems to me that it would be useful to express your interest to O'Reilly.