Re: new!

Peña, Botp

4/6/2005 8:05:00 AM

Robert [mailto:robert@none.com] wrote:
//
//dear all, i'm very new to the Ruby lang: could you suggest me
//a good web
//site to learn something more? like history, potentiality,
//.... but above
//all ... where can i find a good tutorial about Ruby?
//
//thanks to all
//

this will come handy http://www.ruby-doc.o... (w a link to this bar
http://www.ruby-doc.o...toc_tut.html)

i put the bar on all my browsers, and even include it outlook's bar.. :-)

btw, is anyone updating the ruby docbar? i think it is still the same 0.0.1
ver. there are a lot of goodies worth adding, eg links to contribs, gems,
rpas,..

kind regards -botp

4 Answers

Shajith

On Apr 6, 2005 1:34 PM, "Peña, Botp" <botp@delmonte-phil.com> wrote:

> this will come handy http://www.ruby-doc.o... (w a link to this bar
> http://www.ruby-doc.o...toc_tut.html)
>
> i put the bar on all my browsers, and even include it outlook's bar.. :-)

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this. Great utility.

> kind regards -botp

-Shajith

Glenn Smith

This isn't complete (which is a shame) but is an excellent tutorial to
OO and Ruby - a good read.

http://www.visibleworkings.com/li...

--

All the best
Glenn

james_b

Peña, Botp wrote:

> btw, is anyone updating the ruby docbar? i think it is still the same 0.0.1
> ver. there are a lot of goodies worth adding, eg links to contribs, gems,
> rpas,..

The latest version is up on RubyForge, but has not been updated lately.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ru...

Contributions welcome.

James

--

http://www.ru...
http://www.r...

Brian Candler

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 06:17:10PM +0900, Glenn Smith wrote:
> This isn't complete (which is a shame) but is an excellent tutorial to
> OO and Ruby - a good read.
>
> http://www.visibleworkings.com/li...

And don't forget the grandaddy,
http://www.rubycentral...

This unfortunately is for Ruby 1.6.8; the updated version is available as a
printed book or pay-for PDF, and is still recommended.

Regards,

Brian.