instiki problem

Hal E. Fulton

4/4/2005 11:59:00 AM

Hello all...

I've been playing with instiki for a few weeks, mostly just
using it for note-taking.

Every time my server is rebooted (it's out of my control), I
have to restart instiki. If it starts to happen more often,
yes, I'll make it automatic.

The first two times I didn't have a problem. But this time,
instiki seems to think I'm starting with a new wiki no matter
what I do.

I've got leave shortly, so I haven't investigated fully. Thought
I'd ask here if anyone has had this problem.

Cheers,
Hal

2 Answers

Dick Davies

* Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com> [0459 12:59]:
> Hello all...
>
> I've been playing with instiki for a few weeks, mostly just
> using it for note-taking.
>
> Every time my server is rebooted (it's out of my control), I
> have to restart instiki. If it starts to happen more often,
> yes, I'll make it automatic.
>
> The first two times I didn't have a problem. But this time,
> instiki seems to think I'm starting with a new wiki no matter
> what I do.
>
> I've got leave shortly, so I haven't investigated fully. Thought
> I'd ask here if anyone has had this problem.

Check you're running it from the directory that contains 'storage/' -
that's where your content is kept.

--
'One cannot make an omelette without breaking eggs --
but it is amazing

Assaph Mehr

Dick Davies wrote:
> * Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com> [0459 12:59]:
> > The first two times I didn't have a problem. But this time,
> > instiki seems to think I'm starting with a new wiki no matter
> > what I do.
>
> Check you're running it from the directory that contains 'storage/' -
> that's where your content is kept.

Check also the contents of said storage dir. You should have a series
of .snapshot and .command_log files. Sort by date to make sure all the
command_logs are later than the latest snapshot. If the latest snapshot
is much smaller than the previous one, try removing it from the dir
(need I say backup?) - you'll get older data, but it's a start...

HTH (and tell if it doesn't),
Assaph