Felipe Pacheco

1/7/2003 11:11:00 PM

I'm connecting to a progress database via odbc.net using=20
an openlink driver.
I configured the System DSN of my server and it works fine=20
when I test it within a winform
application, but when I apply this DSN to a webform(aspx)=20
the following weird error occurs(unrecognized SQLState):

Exception Details: Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException:=20
ERROR [D=EF=AA]=20

My code (C#):

using Microsoft.Data.Odbc;

OdbcConnection conn =3D new OdbcConnection();
conn.ConnectionString =3D "DSN=3DprogressTSP";
conn.Open();
conn.Close();

The exception is thrown when the connection tries to open.

Thanks in advance.
1 Answer

(Jan Csisko)

HI Felipe,

the error message does not clarify the cause of this problem. Still,
please check if you do have the OpenLink ODBC Provider within your
OLEDB Provider List as this should be the preferred choice opposed to
the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC. Additionally, please
doublecheck your Adapter
for settings such as PWD encryption and enabled saving.

Hth,
Regards,
Jan