wcstombs

1/7/2003 6:14:00 AM

Does anybody have any good reading links or sample
applications which explain how to use TCP/IP as a
transport mechanism for web services rather than HTTP.

I am looking for C# implementations for the above.

Thanx in advance !
3 Answers

Saurabh Nandu [MVP]

If you want to use TCP, why not use .NE Remoting with SOAP Formatters. I
agree that Remoting SOAP format is slightly different from Web Service SOAP
format. But its works almost the same, with the benefit that you could use
it over TCP easily.

--
Regards,
Saurabh Nandu

Ales Pour

Look for messages with "SOAPing without HTTP" subject, I guess it may help
you...

Ales

"wcstombs" <wcstombs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody have any good reading links or sample
> applications which explain how to use TCP/IP as a
> transport mechanism for web services rather than HTTP.
>
> I am looking for C# implementations for the above.
>
> Thanx in advance !

wcstombs

I would prefer not using .NET remoting, no specific
reason, just that I wanted to TCP/IP as my transport
mechanism.

Any links/information that you can point me towards ?

Thanx in advance!