steve

1/6/2003 5:34:00 PM

I can't seem to have my session carry and am stumped as to why not...

page1
Session.Add("user_id", txtPassword.Text)

page2
response.write(session(user_id)) // this works

// also on page2 I have this link

page3 (which is ../admin_preview.aspx)

the session is not working. the code in place is:

user_id = Session("user_id")
2 Answers

Francis Shanahan

I assume both pages are aspx ? Not one asp and the other aspx?
You can't share session between asp and aspx.
-fs

"steve" <stvchez123@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I can''t seem to have my session carry and am stumped as to why not...
>
> page1
> Session.Add("user_id", txtPassword.Text)
>
> page2
> response.write(session(user_id)) // this works
>
> // also on page2 I have this link
>
> page3 (which is ../admin_preview.aspx)
>
> the session is not working. the code in place is:
>
> user_id = Session("user_id")

> This message is posted by http://Asp.Foru...

steve

both pages are .aspx.