Randy

1/6/2003 3:52:00 PM

Hello,
I wrote a simple web service using .NET c#. I noticed that I have a vsdisco
file in the directory. When I go into another project and try and link (add
web reference) to the service...I put the url (with the vsdisco filename) in
the Add Web Reference dialog box and it comes back with this in the left
pane...
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
- <dynamicDiscovery xmlns="urn:schemas-dynamicdiscovery:disco.2000-03-17">
<exclude path="_vti_cnf" />
<exclude path="_vti_pvt" />
<exclude path="_vti_log" />
<exclude path="_vti_script" />
<exclude path="_vti_txt" />
<exclude path="Web References" />
</dynamicDiscovery>

but says "No Web References were found on this page" in the right pane.

Am I not doing it right? Should there be a wsdl file?

Thanks for any help...
Randy

1 Answer

Mark Bower [MSFT]

That's right, when you add a reference to a web service you need to use the
WSDL file, not the VSDISCO.

--

Mark Bower
Microsoft