microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.sdk

can not find the Ms Intermediate Language

dasdanfilemanager@hotmail.com

1/4/2003 6:57:00 PM

Can someone tell me why i can not find the Ms Intermediate Language
Disassembler (ILDASM).
(used to display metadata and MSIL instructions), in the tools menu of
VB.net

in the help it's told I also can start the application from the command. In
de microsoft.net\frameworkSDK\bin
but in this dir there is no such file

thanks in advance

2 Answers

Christoph Schittko

ILDASM is not by default listed in the tools menu. You can find it under

\program files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Bin

or search for ildasm.exe from your start menu. If you want it to appear on
the tools menu you can add it from Tools->External Tools ...

HTH,
Christoph Schittko

<dasdanfilemanager@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me why i can not find the Ms Intermediate Language
> Disassembler (ILDASM).
> (used to display metadata and MSIL instructions), in the tools menu of
> VB.net
>
> in the help it's told I also can start the application from the command.
In
> de microsoft.net\frameworkSDK\bin
> but in this dir there is no such file
>
> thanks in advance