Permission Denied for webservice.htc

Jeff Rhodes

1/4/2003 3:46:00 AM

We have a .NET web service that we are implementing via JavaScript and
webservice.htc. We have one user who gets a "Permission Denied" message
whenever the web service is called. Her application uses Java to make the
call. Other users around the world are able to use the same application and
web server (it is hosted on our site). We ran a test case with the same
JavaScript that displayed alert boxes rather than use the web service, and
there were no errors. This is why I suspect the web service. The user has IE
6.0.2800. The whole message refers to the need to clear the browser's cache
followed by "99 permission denied." I've searched groups.google.com and
found one reference to this, but it related to trying to download a file as
part of a web service. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

Jeff Rhodes
Platte Canyon Multimedia Software Corporation