How to use OleDBConnection for read-only access

Jeff Ballance

1/3/2003 7:22:00 PM

I have data in Access database files that will be have
shared access. The index values are not updated. I would
like to open the databases in read-only mode. Is there a
way to do this with the OleDBConnection and DataReader?
In ADO, the connection mode could be set to adModeRead
before the open. However, I am not seeing anything similar
to this.

Thank you,
Jeff

1 Answer

Bob Beauchemin

Mode=Read in the connection string will do this.

Bob Beauchemin
http://staff.develo...