Randy

1/3/2003 3:44:00 PM

Hello All,
I've got a simple web service I created on my development machine
(machine1). It works fine...and I can hit it from another machine (machine
2) and it works fine.
I copied the .net (c#) source folder and all files (including the bin
directory) to the other machine (machine 2). When I try and hit the service
from machine 1, I get the "The page cannot be displayed" error page.
When I get directly on machine 2 and open up Explorer and try and hit the
page through the web server, I get the stuff below...Looks like maybe there
is a policy file I need to transfer?
Thanks in advance...

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its
dependencies, was not found.
File name: "ADODB"
at DBSoapService.Service1.getInfoFromDB2(String sql)

Fusion log follows:
=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Arams
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : Arams, Version=1.0.1098.14582, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
(C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: ADODB, Version=7.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/arams/f9bb6a31/b27f30a7/ADODB.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/arams/f9bb6a31/b27f30a7/ADODB/ADODB.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Arams/bin/ADODB.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Arams/bin/ADODB/ADODB.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/arams/f9bb6a31/b27f30a7/ADODB.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.0.3705/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/arams/f9bb6a31/b27f30a7/ADODB/ADODB.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Arams/bin/ADODB.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Arams/bin/ADODB/ADODB.EXE.

3 Answers

Saurabh Nandu [MVP]

Seems you are using ADO libraries in your Web Service ? or what is ADODB...
have you copied it into the bin directory ?

Ensure all the relevant ADO interop libraries are copied into the bin
directory (in case you are using ADO Interop).

--
Regards,
Saurabh Nandu

Randy

Thanks for the info...
What I did was to copy the complete source/development directory and source
files (including the bin dir) to the machine 2...so the Interop.MSXML.dll
and Interop.MSXML2.dll are in the bin directory on both machines.
In the web service project, I had to add the ADODB reference to use the
ADODB objects...I went to Project/Add Reference and then under the .NET tab
I added ADODB.

"Saurabh Nandu [MVP]" <saurabhn@mastercsharp.com> wrote in message
> Seems you are using ADO libraries in your Web Service ? or what is
ADODB...
> have you copied it into the bin directory ?
>
> Ensure all the relevant ADO interop libraries are copied into the bin
> directory (in case you are using ADO Interop).
>
> --
> Regards,
> Saurabh Nandu
> Microsoft MVP | MCP | Author
> www.MasterCSharp.com
> Master C#, the easy way...

Randy

I found the problem...All I needed to do is copy the adodb.dll over to the
machine 2 and it works fine...thanks