EventBubbling problem - OnBubbleEvent is not getting Called

Prince Matthew Koshy

1/3/2003 7:48:00 AM

Hi folks,
Please help me
I have got a problem with my web custom control. Actually it is a
composite control. It is having 3 HyperLink controls as child controls.
I am adding these Hyperlink controls using Controls.Add() in the
overridden CreateChildControls() method. I am attaching an Attribute
"onclick" for each Hyperlink control. When I click the the HyperLink
control I am passing the id of the Parent control and the id of the
HyperlinkControl to the doPostBack function.

{
a loop of count 3
{
HyperLink hlink = new HyperLink();
hlink.ID=actions[i]; //<-- name or id will be
dynamically fetch from an array
hlink.ImageUrl=xnode.Attributes["image"].Value;//image
taken from xml file
hlink.Attributes.Add("onclick",Page.GetPostBackEventReference(this,
actions[i]));
Controls.Add(hlink);
}
}
I am also implementing the public void
RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

protected override bool OnBubbleEvent(object source, EventArgs
args)

The problem is the code inside the RaisePostBackEvent is calling
smoothly on postback. But OnBubbleEvent is not getting called by the
runtime on postback. Is there any problem? What could be the possible
problems? Do I need to take care of some special thing? Please help me

Regards
Prince matthew

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***

msnews.microsoft.com

OnBubbleEvent() will be called when a child control bubbles up an event. Is
this scenario valid in your case?

Nandakumar
http://crookedtrunk.com...