Sharon

I have multiple XmlDocuments that I need to return from a
web service. I can easily validate and return a single
XmlDocument but I don't know how to return more than one?
Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sharon
4 Answers

Marina

Can you combine them all into one large document?

"Sharon" <sharon.ingram@totalise.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have multiple XmlDocuments that I need to return from a
> web service. I can easily validate and return a single
> XmlDocument but I don't know how to return more than one?
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sharon

Scott Swigart

You should be able to pass arguments by reference and do what you're looking
for.

--
Scott Swigart
www.3leaf.com

"Sharon" <sharon.ingram@totalise.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have multiple XmlDocuments that I need to return from a
> web service. I can easily validate and return a single
> XmlDocument but I don't know how to return more than one?
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks
>
> Sharon

Sharon

Perhaps but there may be a size issue if I combine the
documents. I had been hoping that there was a way to
return multiple responses from a single call to my web
service.

Scott Swigart

If you're looking at sending large documents, then you should look into the
DIME support in Web Service Enhancements (WSE). This lets you attach large
documents that are automatically sent in chunks.